Thursday, July 5, 2007

I've Been Brainwashed by USANA for RM2,674 (USD786)!?

What a prominent topic, especially at this point of time!

You see, when I decided to join USANA and opened three business centers, I believe I've made my decision timely and reasonably and that I have absolutely valid reasons to spend that much of money for myself -- primarily not because I was lured into money making opportunity that USANA provides although USANA pays its distributors their attractive weekly commission and the business outlook is very promising due to the quality of the products and its appropriate pricing.

But my primary interest falls to what USANA has to offer in term of health.

It really took me several months before I submit my application as USANA consumer and distributor. For RM2,674 that I've spent, I received the following from USANA:

  • 14 months ESSENTIALS™ Nutrition Supply that will boost my personal health -- No doubt about this because USANA ESSENTIALS™ Nutrition is Top Ranking nutritional products.
  • Distributor Starter Kits -- this includes a planner booklet, product catalog, a newsletter and an online membership account at www.usana.com which will allow me to access the training materials, business support section, product support section, regular business & health news update, tracking my business progress and a lot more.
  • 3 Business Centers -- a business opportunity for me if one day I wish to run the educate & distribute business. It will allow me to register both Preferred Customers and Associates.

Now, divide RM2,674 by 14 months, that's only RM191 (USD56) a month.

Major chunk of that money, which is 92% of it (or equivalently amount to RM175 (USD51) per month), was actually used to pay for the 14 months ESSENTIALS™ supply -- which is a tangible useful products! For me that's not bad at all. It is affordable and it makes sense.

To further furnish what I really mean by 'affordable', let's dig into the value of the ESSENTIALS™ that I received.

What is it that I see in
ESSENTIALS™?

You might wonder why I chose
ESSENTIALS™ when there are so many other nutritional products out there? I have six valid reasons for that.

  • Reason #1: ESSENTIALS™ is rated #1 in the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements [1], a compendium of over 500 nutritional products (that also includes Amway, Nu Skin, Shaklee & many more other branded nutritional manufacturers/distributors) in the United States and Canada. If you are looking for nutritional supplement comparison, I would suggest you to look for the book. It is the best book ever on comparing nutritional supplements and their manufacturers.

    With this strong reason, I can be assured that, by consuming ESSENTIALS™, I am consuming the best nutritions for my body.

  • Reason #2: ESSENTIALS™ (and other USANA products of course), are listed in the medical references which make it legal for doctor's prescription. Dr Ray Strand and Dr Christina Wood are among the credible doctors that recommend ESSENTIALS™ to their patients for preventive and nutritional medicine program.

    Here are the medical references that enlisted the ESSENTIALS™:
    1. Physicians’ Desk Reference (PDR)
    2. Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS)
    3. Master Index of Medical Specialties (MIMS)

    Now with this pointed up, I can be rest assured about the safety of the supplements. Nevertheless, if my intent is to cure diseases or to prolong one's life who's affected by a disease, it is always wise for me to refer it to the doctor first for minimal or optimal recommendations.

  • Reason #3: ESSENTIALS™ contains both balanced nutrients and antioxidant that are needed by my body, in the right amount, to gain optimum health. Its science-based formulas are developed by expert scientific team lead by Dr Myron Wentz [2].

    USANA also has its own Medical Advisor Board who provides USANA with valuable insights into product applications and efficacy, as well as feedback on how the products work, how well they work, and how best to promote human health. USANA works with Medical Advisory Board members on a regular basis to review formulas and get suggestions for improvements.

    With this said, I knew I am going to get a nutritional supply that is going to further improve as time goes by, even if it's already on top of the nutritional supplement ranking.

  • Reason #4: ESSENTIALS™ comes with 100% potency guarantee which means, what it says on the label is what's in the bottle. Now this is important because one-third of the supplements out there, are not in the bottle what is says on the label and this is because supplements are unregulated industry [3]. But with 100% potency guarantee from USANA, I shouldn't worry about that.

    Well, now I know I get what USANA promised me to deliver,
    to a great extent of accuracy. This is important because if the nutritional experts and doctors say that my body needs 90mg of Calcium per intake, then I want to be sure that the amount of nutrition I get in a tablet is REALLY 90mg.

  • Reason #5: ESSENTIALS™ is produced by adhering to pharmaceutical-grade GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) [4]. This is practiced by manufacturer of drug substance, but not typically by many nutritional supplements manufacturers. Although not required, USANA has voluntarily taken this extra step to confirm the safety of its products.

    This is a further assurance for USANA's potency guarantee. With that said, I now feel much more comfortable to consume the product because now, I know how they ensure their potency.

  • Reason #6: ESSENTIALS™ is shipped directly from USANA distribution center (in Malaysia, the center is at Kuala Lumpur) right to my home or office, if I wish for it. This will ensure that I will always get a genuine ESSENTIALS™ -- not an imitate one. With that, I have no doubt at all with the authenticity of USANA products.

You see? RM175 a month is too cheap for a high grade quality and top rating nutritional supplementary like USANA
ESSENTIALS™. ESSENTIALS™ is like a Rolls Royce sold at Proton price. Well, that actually goes back to Dr Myron Wentz vision to turning the population of the world to its healthiest state. He has to make it affordable. (now, shouldn't all cars in Malaysia be Rolls Royce?)

Okay, let's get back to the original question whether I was brainwashed by USANA or not? Or did I spend nothing for my money?
Both are just as fiction as Star Wars. The right word best replaced 'brainwashed' is 'fascinated'. That's what really happen to me.

In a nutshell, this is by far one of the best investment decision I've made for my health.

References:
[1] About ComparativeGuide.com: "In 1998, author, educator and biochemist began a search for a vitamin and mineral supplement for his family. A year later, the first Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements was produced, and MacWilliam Communications Inc. was born. The company now includes Northern Dimensions Publishing, a small publishing company focused on nutrition and health science." Detailed book review on Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements at www.amazon.com.

[2] USANA Health Sciences > Company > Management: "Dr. Myron Wentz, internationally recognized microbiologist, immunologist, and pioneer in the development of human cell culture technology and infectious disease diagnoses, holds a bachelor's degree in biology from North Central College in Naperville, Illnois; a master's degree in microbiology from the University of North Dakota; and a Ph.D. in microbiology and immunology from the University of Utah."

[3] The statement "one-third of the supplements out there, are not in the bottle what is says on the label and this is because supplements are unregulated industry" was made by the Wellness Industry expert, Mr Paul Zane Pilzer during his interview in CBN Television Show. Click here to watch the interview.

[4] Good Manufacturing Practice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Good Manufacturing Practice or GMP (also referred to as 'cGMP' or 'current Good Manufacturing Practice') is a term that is recognized worldwide for the control and management of manufacturing and quality control testing of foods and pharmaceutical products."

No comments: